go through the fire

Tuesday, August 02, 2005


Karaoke Posted by Picasa
Karaoke in Japan. What can I say? Well, I love it! There is nothing like spending a couple of hours singing yourself hoarse. And it is a great way to bond with people (and you don't even need alcohol). In Japan, thay have massive buildings full of Karaoke rooms - big and small - devoted to giving people moments of glamour (or embarrassment depending on how great their singing is) as they belt out their favorite tunes. They have songs in all languages, though mostly in Japanese. You should see us English speakers trying to sing along with some Japanese songs. It is just as funny as watching the Japanese trying to sing English songs. To my great surprise when I first came, "The Carpenters" songs are among the most popular English songs to sing. Of course, I had no idea who "The Carpenters" were before I came to Japan, but after doing some research on the Internet and receiving a Carpenters CD as a gift from my landlord, I am happy to say that I can now sing several songs when we go to Karaoke. They really are pretty good songs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home