go through the fire

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Asoubimasho (Let's play!)


A couple of Sundays ago, after evening worship time, a little 6 year old by the name of Mitsuki came up and put a note in my back pocket while I was talking to some people. Then, as she always does, she proceeded to use me as a human jungle gym and we played together until she had to leave. Later that evening, I remembered the note in my pocket (luckily considering how forgetful I seem to be about things in my pockets) and the above picture is what I pulled out. It says, "To Jessica: Thank you for always playing with me. Mitsuki."
Mitsuki and I always play together after evening worship (and sometimes during it). I can't explain to you how much love I feel for this little girl. Everytime she sees me, she yells "Jeshika!" and runs and jumps into my arms. Then we play and she laughs and laughs and laughs. I love her laugh and will do whatever I can to make her do it, which doesn't take much.
Her young mother, Satomi, was just baptized a couple of months ago (praise be to God!). Her father is not a Christian, but he comes to church with his wife and daughter when he can and regularly studies the Bible (pray that he will become a child of God soon). I thank God that this beautiful little girl will at the very least be raised by a Christian mother. She has so much love in her and I know that God will use it to impact so many lives in His Name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home