go through the fire

Thursday, February 23, 2006

It's BEAUTIFUL, people!

Here I was again tonight sitting across from a good Japanese friend of mine – a 32 year young woman with impeccable English, a very kind spirit, and a beautiful yet tired smile. We have been friends since we were introduced to each other about a year and a half ago, trying to go out to dinner and talk about life when there was time in our busy schedules.
And here I was again tonight sitting across from her and praying like crazy to God to use me. Ever since I have known her she has been seriously thinking about entering a relationship with God. I met her about the time in her life when the divorce to her husband went through – a time where she was at rock bottom where she would remain for a little over half a year. In her great time of despair, anger, loneliness, and immense pain, a Christian couple (the very missionaries who began the small country church that I attend every Sunday morning) who had known her for a while reached out to her and took her under their wings. They supported her, provided so many things for her, and showed her real, Christian love. From them, she began to be very interested in the One True God.
When we met, I could see the sadness and brokenness in her. I remember a whisper inside of me that said “Invite her to lunch and get to know her.” And so, when her busy schedule and my busy schedule had a day a couple of weeks down the road when we could both meet, we met for a lunch that ended up being three hours of emotional conversation about despair over a broken marriage and then hope in God.
Tonight, almost four months later, I sat across from her again, knowing where she has been and eager to know where she is now, and finding that she has been slowing getting up off of that rock bottom, cold floor, that God has prepared her heart through her trials, and that He will grab it soon. He is going to grab it soon, people!
I need you to join me in prayer for her. She is holding back because she doesn’t understand some things, and she feels that she’s got to understand it all before she makes the commitment. She is asking, seeking, knocking. Pray that God will answer and open the door for her.
Being the dufus that I am, I forgot my Bible tonight. But we discussed things from it anyways and God has opened her heart more. We are going to meet again next Tuesday (I will NOT forget my Bible this time) and we’re going to hash it out together.
Y’all know that I am not the best person to convey complete thoughts to other people. I have not been used by God through the majority of her long road to Him, but hopefully God can use me a little now since I will be meeting her again next Tuesday.
Are you praying yet?
I can’t express to you how beautiful it is to be able to witness and to understand what God has done and is doing to bring a life to Him.
It’s beautiful, people. BEAUTIFUL!
Please pray.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    You got it babe! It really is a beautiful, scarey, exciting thing to share your faith with someone. I am praying for you and for her this very minute!

    Love ya!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home