go through the fire

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Some random things

Yesterday at lunch time, after I finished drinking my milk, I began folding my milk carton as usual. (In Japanese schools, the students fold up their milk cartons before they throw them away.) Well, I didn't realize that there was still a little milk in it, so when I folded the bottom and pressed it against the body of the carton, milk squirted out of the open end across my desk and two other student's desks. The milk only got on one boy's hand, but it was all over the desks and their food (luckily it was near the end of lunch so they were pretty much finished eating). All of the six students in the lunch group that I was eating with immediately stopped talking and stared at me dumbfounded. Then I busted out laughing and so did they. We all continued to laugh as we broke out the tissues and cleaned up my mess. I kept saying sorry in between fits of laughter and they would tell me it's okay in between fits of their laughter. It was a pretty humorous occurrence and I'm still laughing now as I write this.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yesterday was a pretty exciting day. Not only did I squirt milk across my student's desks, but we had a pretty good earthquake and several aftershocks after lunchtime. It was a pretty shaky afternoon. I counted four pretty good-sized earthquakes, but a friend of mine counted six. Earthquakes never cease to amaze me, or to make my heart stop beating. I am kind of getting excited about them, though; similar to the feeling I get during those stormy days back in Oklahoma.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Almost every night this past week I have gone out with Japanese friends. I want to spend time with so many people before I return to the States, so I'm cramming weeknights full of dinner at restaurants and I'm hoping to get some karaoke in soon. I tell you, there is no other way I would rather be spending my nights right now. I love these people so much and I am going to miss them. I keep telling them they should come and visit me in Oklahoma City and I could show them around (I know some of you scoff at this because you think there is nothing to see in OKC, but you are wrong. There is a good days worth of stuff to see....).
Anyways, after leaving their company, I have found myself praying a lot. Praying for them and their lives and struggles and thanking God for blessing me with them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home