go through the fire

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Duh!

Anyone who denies that The Chronicles of Narnia book series have allusions to the Bible (not just some, but a whole bunch in each book) either knows absolutely nothing about the Bible and the Life of Christ or has never actually read the books.
I simply can't believe that there are people out there who don't really think that these wonderful children's books written by C.S. Lewis have a lot of parallels to the story of Christ as recorded in the Gospels and to they way God has worked in this world since He created it.
I really hope that the movie is true to The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, even though many critics and even the very actors/actresses in the movie don't really think there is a Christian connection.
Come on people - open your hearts!!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:50 PM, Blogger Becca said…

    I totally agree with you Jessica. I've just been rereading all the Narnia books and the parallels are so clear, even more so on my 2nd reading. When I 1st read them I didn't realise C S Lewis was a christian author but I still saw the parallels then. People who deny the connections obviously don't want them to exist. Lucky for us they do exist. C S Lewis certainly knew how to work Christ into his books well and because of it his books have so much more depth.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home