go through the fire

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

CHRISTmas is in the air.....

I went to karaoke with some old Japanese and Indonesian friends and a new Malaysian and two new Bangladeshi friends. The three new friends haven't been in Japan for more than a few weeks, so they couldn't sing any Japanese songs, but they could sing some English songs (they speak great English, by the way). Guess what they sang.....Yup, Christmas songs! It was the one thing that all of us - Japanese, Malaysian, Bangladeshi, Indonesian, and American - could all sing together. How awesome is that!? It really got me happy because I was reminded that Christmas is near.
And that isn't the only place I am hearing Christmas songs in Japan. I listen to KLove via the internet every morning and night, and they have started playing Christmas music.
I love Christmas because people truly are different during this time of year - different for the better. People are nicer, more giving, more loving, more appreciative, and many more great things. I have no doubt that people are better because, whether they consciously realize it or not, Christ permeates this season. Man, I love Jesus. I love this season. I love Christmas. Oh yeah, did I say that I LOVE CHRIST!


P.S. Blakewell, you know what I'm talking about!!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:56 AM, Blogger ann said…

    What a happy post. Listening to KLOVE online will forever be connected to you in my memory after all those times in Mito. I only listen to KLOVE in the car now, but I still love it. Glad to see you're getting into the spirit. Are you coming home for Christmas? And can you email me your mailing address?
    I LOVE YOU! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home