go through the fire

Friday, December 09, 2005

Things that make me happy:

1. God. He’s number 1. He is my Savior, my love, and my life. I prayed and He answered by whisking me off to Japan. What a blessing!

2. My family. I love them. No matter what, I love them.

3. My friends. I’ve got so many of them. God has given me many in every situation and place, and He has taught me a lot through them all.

4. Close friends. I’ve got a few, and they mean more to me than I could ever say.

5. Church family. God has blessed me by showing me a part of His family in any part of the world I have lived in/traveled to. I am currently being blessed by His wonderful children here in Japan.

6. My students. They are so funny. Through them, God always reminds me how great teaching English in Japan is, especially when I am going through times of not liking it.

7. Japanese people. They are nice, helpful, and giving. They are also very funny to me and do very interesting things. The greatest thing is, I am very funny
to them and do really interesting (weird?) things.

8. Chocolate, curry and rice, umeboshi, and katsudon. Oh yeah, and dill pickles.

9. Thunderstorms and Oklahoma sunsets.

10. My futon. I love sleeping, especially on a comfy futon. Even though I have to take that blasted thing out of the closet every night and fold it up and put it back in the closet every morning, I love every fluffy inch of it.

11. Heaters, stoves, hot carpets, and hot blankets. There certainly isn’t much wall between a person and the outside here in Japan, so these things make the winter bearable.

12. Hokkairos. I swear, these things have kept my feet from getting frostbite during the Japanese winters.

13. Christmas. I love everything about Christmas, except the unnecessary stress.

14. Dogs.

15. Books. I love books. The Bible is #1 (the ultimate action-packed, change your life love story), with fiction novels coming in second.

16. Riding on airplanes. I love being in the atmosphere. There’s so much interesting stuff to see and so much cool stuff that goes on there.

17. Water. Nothing quenches your thirst like water.

18. Green tea. Even though I thought it smelled like marijuana the first time somebody put it in front of my face and I didn’t quite like it, I have grown to really like it and look forward to a couple of cups of “ocha” everyday. Besides, it’s helshi (Japanese for healthy).

19. YahooBB. Without this wonderful phone service, I wouldn’t be able to call the U.S. for a mere 3 cents a minute, nor would I have high-speed internet that keeps me connected to the world.

20. Mexico. Even though I’m not there yet, the people are still on my heart and I want to go and live there more than ever.


None of these are really in order (with the exception of the first ones). What makes you happy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home