go through the fire

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Another summer church camp


church camp Posted by Picasa
Well, even though I am going to another church on Sunday mornings, I still do lots of stuff with the Mito Church. Recently, we had our annual summer Church camp where we spent two days at a camp just outside of Mito having small group Bible studies and getting to know each other better. This is my second one to attend and it was awesome!
There was something very interesting that happened when we had just gotten to the camp. Japan really doesn't have thunderstorms. There are the occasional ones, and while we were all arriving at the camp and getting comfortable in our cabins, the third one that I had experienced while I have been in Japan was occuring. We were all in the cabin trying to escape the excessive heat and the lightening and talking away. Then all of a sudden, there was a blinding flash immediately followed by a loud boom. We all screamed and I tried to jump into the arms of my good friend Chisato. A bolt of lightening had struck very near the cabins. Thank God that nobody was hurt, though it gave everybody a good scare. Of course, I enjoyed it immensely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home