go through the fire

Friday, December 01, 2006

Los Jovenes de Rey de Gloria Iglesia Cristiana

I love church. Especially the one I go too. I'm the only white girl there, but they don't hold it against me.
Currently I am one of five youth leaders. I love it! The youth are on fire for God, and although I am one of the oldest members (age-wise and Christian-wise)
, these young people teach me more about what it means to follow Christ then I have learned in a long time.

The first three pictures here are from the Halloween alternative party. Halloween just happened to land on a Tuesday night, the night we have youth group anyways. So we decided to throw a huge game night and make it incredibly fun and messy.
The first picture shows the game where each team had to try to take as many bites out of the apples hanging from the ceiling as possible. As you can see, one person had to be carried by two other people, and the person being carried couldn't use their hands. Needless to say, I was laughing so hard at their creative ways to take a bite out of the apples that I couldn't take very good pictures.
The second picture is of a chocolate-marshmallow game. They had to walk blindfolded and drop a chocolate covered marshmallow into the mouth of their teammate. The goal was to get as many marshmallows into the mouth of the person on the floor as possible. By the end of the game, the faces of the two on the floor were covered in chocolate.
The third picture was the best game. Each person on the teams had to stuff the contents of a bag into a soda pop bottle. The thing is, the contents of the bags were nasty. We let the two guy leaders make the bags and we ended up with stuff like mustard, oatmeal, and dill pickles in one bag, sardines, green beans, and beans in another and so on. One girl actually barfed in the bathroom. You can see Pastor Alejandro enjoying the nice smell of whatever bag he's holding.
Anyways, we all enjoyed the night. I can never wait to do stuff with this great group of Christ-centered, down to earth youth. It is a blessing to see their hunger and fire for God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home