go through the fire

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Star Festival


Here is a picture from the first festival I attended this year. The festival season in Japan has officially started, and those of us who go to Shiro-sato church decided to kick it off by going to the Star Festival in the small town where our church is. We invited many of our readers and we all had the time of our lives getting to know each other. The men dressed up in their manly yukatas while some of our female readers kindly wrapped Ally and me in our own yukatas. Us women had a good time getting all prettied up. Then we spent a fun couple of hours together watching tyko drum performances and eating yakisoba (a type of noodle eaten especially during barbeques and festivals). It was great fun. I can't wait for the rest of the festivals in August. August is the festival time in Japan, so stay tuned because I will surely blog about them after I attend them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home